Bids are due in for the North Kuwait water centre project, which has been tendered by state-owned upstream operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC).
The estimated budget for the project is $173m and bids are due in at 13:00 Kuwait time.
The scheme is part of a larger restructuring of the countrys water network.
The list of prequalified companies includes:
- Air Liquide (France)
- Aker Kvaerner (Norway)
- China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation (CPECC)
- Chiyoda Corporation (Japan)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- Daelim(South Korea)
- Daewoo Engineering & Construction (E&C; South Korea)
- EniSaipem (Italy)
- Foster Wheeler (US)
- GS E&C (South Korea)
- Hyundai E&C (South Korea)
- Hyundai Heavy Industries (South Korea)
- JGC Corporation (Japan)
- Samsung Engineering (South Korea)
- SK E&C (South Korea)
- SNC Lavalin (Canada)
- Tecnicas Reunidas (Spain)