Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (Dewa) has received bids from consultants to work on the connection of renewable energy projects into the emirate’s transmission and distribution network.
The following companies submitted bids:
- Poyri (Finland) – AED 2.59m ($705,000)
- TUV Rheinland (Germany) – AED 2.66m
- KEMA (Netherlands) – AED 3.16m
- Aecom (US) – AED 4.39m
- Tractebel (Belgium) – AED 4.16m
- AT Kearny (US) – AED 5.38m
- CESI (Italy) – AED 5.70m
- Mott MacDonald (UK) – AED 9.38m
Each of the bidders has proposed a different project duration.
The consultant will advise on the connection of Dubai’s small-scale renewable energy projects and for future renewable energy projects.
“This is the platform for the infrastructure to meet Dubai’s renewable energy targets,” says Waleed Salman, vice-president for strategy and business development, Dewa.