Contractors have submitted technical bids for package 10 of Omans Batinah Expressway project.
The bidders are:
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- Gharbia Enterprises (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Federici Sterling Batco (local)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Al-Watanyiah United Engineering & Company (local)
- Ozkar Construction Company (Turkey)
- Onur International (Turkey)
- Oman United Engineering (local)
- Simplex Infrastructure (India)
- Abu Hatim Company (local)
In December 2014, MEED also reported that in August, Indias Nagarjuna Construction Company was awarded a $371.3m contract to build the retendered second package of the Batinah Expressway scheme.
While in 2013, another Indian firm Simplex Infrastructures won a $318m deal for package three, as well as Indias Larsen & Toubro (L&T), which was awarded a $353m contract for package four.
The new 265-kilometre-long Batinah Expressway, Omans biggest road scheme, will create the first dual four-lane motorway in the sultanate and will link Muscat to the new Sohar port and the UAE border.
Follow Hossam Abougabal on Twitter: @MEEDHossam