Bids have been received from 11 firms for the final package of major Oman road project
Contractors have submitted technical bids for package 10 of Omans Batinah Expressway project.
The bidders are:
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- Gharbia Enterprises (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Federici Sterling Batco (local)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Al-Watanyiah United Engineering & Company (local)
- Ozkar Construction Company (Turkey)
- Onur International (Turkey)
- Oman United Engineering (local)
- Simplex Infrastructure (India)
- Abu Hatim Company (local)
In December 2014, MEED also reported that in August, Indias Nagarjuna Construction Company was awarded a $371.3m contract to build the retendered second package of the Batinah Expressway scheme.
While in 2013, another Indian firm Simplex Infrastructures won a $318m deal for package three, as well as Indias Larsen & Toubro (L&T), which was awarded a $353m contract for package four.
The new 265-kilometre-long Batinah Expressway, Omans biggest road scheme, will create the first dual four-lane motorway in the sultanate and will link Muscat to the new Sohar port and the UAE border.
Follow Hossam Abougabal on Twitter: @MEEDHossam
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.