Oman’s Public Authority for Electricity & Water (PAEW) has received seven bids to build an extension to the Al-Khuwaimah desalination facility in the Sharqiyah region.
The bidders and prices are:
- Desert Line Projects (local) – OR2.890m ($7.5m)
- Oman National Engineering & Investment Company (local) – OR1.203m
- Global Chemicals and Maintenance System (local) – OR1.327m
- Nafal Contracting and Trading Company (local) –OR1.390m
- Al-Ansari Engineering Services (local) – OR1.622m
- Towell al-Zawra Engineering Services Company (local) – OR2.338m
- International Desalination & Water Treatment (Egypt) – OR1.433m
The project will increase the installed capacity of the project from 100 cubic metres a day to 400 cubic metres a day. The selected bidder will build, operate and maintain the facility.
The extension is part of a programme by the authority to build and upgrade desalination facilities in the sultanate.
A total of 10 projects will be implemented in the scheme, including four new projects and six upgrade projects.