Qatar is growing at a frenetic pace. Life expectancy and standard of living are on the rise. The country’s population increased an estimated 79 percent between 2006 and 2008, its GDP growth rate averages over 18 percent, and building construction and road expansion are ubiquitous.
But is economic development in Qatar at the expense of the social well-being of the population? And how can Qatar balance today’s growth against the resources available to future generations?
Source: Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, March 2009
If you’re working in sustainable construction in Qatar you cannot afford to miss this conference! Now in its second year, this popular event is fast becoming a key date in the sustainable construction calendar, attracting a diverse variety of senior stakeholders in the industry.
‘Building Sustainable Communities in Qatar’ is your opportunity to meet with leading government authorities, developers, architects, engineering consultants and advisors working in the sector so you can gain in-depth knowledge and insight, forge business relationships and identify major upcoming opportunities in Qatar.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Hear what major developers, consultants & advisors working in Qatar are doing on leading green projects
- Find out how new building codes and regulations will affect the parameters in which you work
- Network with potential partners and develop strategic business alliances
- Save money by discovering what the best energy and water efficiency technologies available are
- Case studies from around Qatar and beyond will give you practical insight into the technologies which work best in that environment