Winning bidder will build 1,600MW independent power project
Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (Adwea) has prequalified 15 companies for the Shuweihat 3 independent power project (IPP).
Adwea is planning to bring Shuweihat 3 online in mid-2013, with a successful developer holding 40 per cent of the equity in the project and Adwea holding the remaining 60 per cent.
The following companies have been prequalified:
- Acwa Power (Saudi Arabia)
- General Electric (US)
- International Power (UK)
- Korean Electric Power Company (South Korea)
- Marubeni (Japan)
- Mitsubishi Corporation (Japan)
- Mitsui & Co (Japan)
- Powertek Berhad (Malaysia)
- Sembcorp Utilities (Singapore)
- Shikoku Electric Power Company (Japan)
- Sojitz Corporation (Japan)
- Suez Tractebel (Belgium)
- Sumitomo Corporation (Japan)
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia)
- Tokyo Electric Power Company (Japan)
The UK’s HSBC was recently selected as financial adviser on the project (MEED 25:2:10).
The facility will be Adwea’s first IPP, as its previous projects have all included water supply.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.