Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (Adwea) has prequalified 15 companies for the Shuweihat 3 independent power project (IPP).
Adwea is planning to bring Shuweihat 3 online in mid-2013, with a successful developer holding 40 per cent of the equity in the project and Adwea holding the remaining 60 per cent.
The following companies have been prequalified:
- Acwa Power (Saudi Arabia)
- General Electric (US)
- International Power (UK)
- Korean Electric Power Company (South Korea)
- Marubeni (Japan)
- Mitsubishi Corporation (Japan)
- Mitsui & Co (Japan)
- Powertek Berhad (Malaysia)
- Sembcorp Utilities (Singapore)
- Shikoku Electric Power Company (Japan)
- Sojitz Corporation (Japan)
- Suez Tractebel (Belgium)
- Sumitomo Corporation (Japan)
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia)
- Tokyo Electric Power Company (Japan)
The UK’s HSBC was recently selected as financial adviser on the project (MEED 25:2:10).
The facility will be Adwea’s first IPP, as its previous projects have all included water supply.