Contractors have priced various offers for the construction work. The bids submitted are:
- Ghantoot Gulf Contracting (local): AED768m ($209m), AED730m, and AED740m
- United Engineering Construction Company (local): AED768m, AED786m, AED734m and AED763m
- Shapoorji Pallonji (India): AED890m and AED862m
- Nurol (Turkey): AED942m, AED874m, and AED819m
- Airolink Building Contracting (local): AED557m
- ASGC (local): AED855m, AED845m, and AED855m
- Strabag (Austria): AED1.046bn.
The project is located in Cultural Village in the Al-Jadaf area. Dewa says the 20,000 square-metre headquarters, known as Al-Sheraa, will be the tallest, largest, and smartest government net zero energy building in the world.
The building will have 16,500 square metres of photovoltaic solar panels on the roof to produce over 3,500 kilowatts (kW). It will also include an additional 2,000 square metres of building-integrated photovoltaic panels. The total renewable energy generated from the building is over 5,800 megawatt hours (MWh) per year.
Dewa awarded the local DBB Contracting a AED46m contract for the initial works that included shoring, dewatering, excavation, piling, fencing and associated works in July 2017.
|This article has been unlocked to allow non-subscribers to sample MEED’s content. MEED provides exclusive news, data and analysis on the Middle East every day. For access to MEED’s Middle East business intelligence, subscribe here|
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.