Bidders submitted prices for the contract by 19 February. The low bidder is China Harbour Engineering Company with a price of AED85.9m ($23.4m), followed by the local Hadeed Emirates Contracting Company at AED90.1m.
The full list of bidders is:
- China Harbour Engineering (China) AED85.9m
- Hadeed Emirates Contracting Company AED90.1m
- Arco General Contracting (local) AED102.9m
- Green Oasis General Contracting (local) AED138.6m
- China Railway 18th Bureau (China) AED139.9m
- Simplex Infrastructure (India) AED146.5m
The contract for design and project management consultancy on the solar innovation centre was awarded to the US Ted Jacobs Engineering Group in July. UK architect Kettle Collective prepared its sustainable design.
The 3,800-square-metre building is scheduled to be completed in November.
Dewa will develop and showcase solar and sustainable technologies at the centre. The utility provider tripled its renewable energy targets in January, increasing the capacity of the solar park from 1,000MW to 2,600MW.
The solar park will be the site of Saudi-based Acwa Powers 200MW photovoltaic (PV) solar project. Dewa selected the developer in January 2015 after it submitted a world-record low solar tariff of 5.8 cents a kilowatt hour (kWh). The solar farm is due to come online in 2017.