The local Dubai International Real Estate is preparing to issue tender documents for the next phase of its Jewel of the Creek development in Dubai.
The contract will involve building the superstructure of the mixed-use development that will have 17 main buildings surrounding a marina. The buildings include:
- A convention centre with ballroom and recreation centre
- A 17-storey luxury hotel
- A 17-storey four-star hotel and serviced apartment building
- Eight 19-storey apartment buildings
- Three 17-storey office towers
- Four 19-storey serviced apartment buildings
The local/Australian Al-Habtoor Leighton Group won the estimated AED400m ($109m) substructure contract in July last year. That contract involves the construction of a four-level basement for the development, which is located on the banks of the creek in the Port Saeed area next to Al-Maktoum bridge.
The piling works were completed by the local APCC. Germany’s Kling Consult is the consultant for the architectural design, structural engineering, landscape design and quantity surveying.