Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects (DAEP) has invited selected contractors to collect tender documents for the AED10bn ($2.7bn) substructure for Concourse 1 and the West Terminal building.
The tender closing date is 3 December.
The companies and joint ventures that are understood to be involved in the tender include:
- Alec (local) / ASGC (local)
- Al-Naboodah Construction (local)
- Arabtec Construction (UAE)
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation (China)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC – Lebanon) / Arabian Construction Company (ACC – Lebanon)
- DBB Contracting (local)
- Salini Impregilo (Italy) / Tristar (local)
- Shapoorji Pallonji (India) / Gulermak (Turkey)
- TAV (Turkey)
The construction work is expected to include about 5 million cubic metres of concrete and 1 million tonnes of steel.
The enabling works for the terminal and concourse are ongoing. In June, DAEP awarded that contract to Tristar.
The enabling works for Concourse 1, the West Terminal building and car park require 20 million cubic metres of excavation and 6,000 piles.
For Concourse 1, the works involve open excavation up to 18.3 metres deep, piling and temporary dewatering and linking tunnels. Altogether, Concourse 1 covers an area of about 910,000 square metres and requires about 5,000 piles.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.