Egypts National Authority for Tunnels (NAT) has invited firms to submit prequalification documents by 30 May for the consultancy contract for the rehabilitation of the tram network in Alexandria.
The tram network meant for rehabilitation is about 13.7 kilometres long and extends from the Victoria station to the Raml station and then on to Manshya square. There are 28 stations.
A joint venture of local and international contractors is preferred.
The scope of work includes:
- Detailed design of civil and arrangement works
- Evaluation of technical and financial proposals
- Supporting the client in negotiations with selected bidders
- Supervision of project implementation
- Preparation of the operation and maintenance model
The civil works scope will include arrangements, power supply, electromechanical equipment and systems, signaling and driving devices, control systems, track works, telecommunications systems and rolling stock.