- Owner Groupement Berkine
- Parent Project El Merk Oil Processing and Export Development Project
- Location Algeria, Ouargla Province, Hassi Messaoud
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Extraction, Oil Production
- Contract ($m) $2,226m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Due Q4 2012
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Anadarko Corporation is developing a new oil production hub on the El Merk field, 300 kilometres (km) south of Hassi Messaoud.
The scheme covers a major wet gas processing programme to recover oil from four fields in the Berkine basin, close to the borders of Libya and Tunisia. The fields are
- Block 208 and Hassi Berkine South (HBNS), both operated by Anadarko and Sonatrach
- Block 212, operated by Sonatrach and Eni
- The El Merk field, which is next to Blocks 208 and 405a, operated by Sonatrach and Burlington Resources.
Anadarko estimates its area contains at least 100 million barrels of oil. Additional reserves will be processed from across the basin. Gas from the fields, for which Anadarko does not have development rights, will be used for re-injection.
This profile covers central processing facility.