At least six consortiums are prequalified to bid for the contract
The proposals for the scheme are due to be submitted on 1 October.
Consortiums that are understood to have been prequalified to bid for the contract include:
- Aktor (Greece) / Larsen & Toubro (India) / STFA (Turkey) / Yapi Merkezi (Turkey) / Aljaber Engineering (local)
- FCC (Spain) / Consolidated Contractors Company (Lebanon)
- Impregilo (Italy) / SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea) / Galfar al-Misnad Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Porr (Austria) / Saudi Binladin Group (Saudi Arabia) / HBK Contracting (local)
- QDVC (France/local) / GS Engineering & Construction (South Korea) / Al-Darwish Engineering (local)
- Rizzani de Eccher (Italy) / Lotte E&C (South Korea) / Redco International (local)
The prequalified groups and their members are currently undertaking construction work on the first phase of the metro, including the Porr-led team which is currently executing the underground and elevated sections of the first phase of Green Line.
The scheme is known as Green Line extension phase 1a. The project scope is understood to involve about 10 kilometres of tunnel and 10km of above ground track.
A joint venture of the US Hill International and local Astad Engineering Consultancy and Project Management Company, which is the project manager for underground sections of the network, and a joint venture of the US-based Louis Berger and Frances Egis Rail that is managing the elevated sections, are both expected to compete to be the project manager of the Green Line extension.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.