Construction work on Route 2020 project is scheduled to start this year
Dubais Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) received technical bids on 17 January from five groups for the design-and-build of the new metro link connecting to the Dubai Expo 2020 site.
The bidders are:
- Mapa Gunal (Turkey) / China Railway Group (China) / CSR Corporation (China)
- Acciona (Spain) / Gulermak (Turkey) / Alstom (France)
- Obayashi (Japan) / Wade Adams (local) / Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based) / Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Japan)
- Orascom (Egypt) / Yapi Merkezi (Turkey) / GS Engineering & Construction (South Korea) /Siemens (Germany)
- Nurol (Turkey) / Astaldi (Italy) / Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (Spain)
The scheme, known as Route 2020, involves building a 15-kilometre-long line branching off the existing Red Line at the Nakheel Harbour & Tower station, between the Ibn Battuta Mall and Jumeirah Lake Towers stations.
About 11km of the line will be elevated, with five elevated stations and two underground stations.
In July 2014, the RTA awarded a joint venture of the US Parsons International and FrancesSystra the deal to complete the preliminary engineering for the new metro line. Work on the study began in August that year.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.