Power and desalination is among the three largest sectors in the GCC projects market. Driven by economic and population growth, demand for electricity and water has grown so rapidly that in many instances utilities have struggled to keep up.
In Saudi Arabia, for example, Riyadh needs to build at least 4,000 MW a year of new generating capacity just to keep up with a soaring demand rate. The result has been the investment of hundreds of billions of dollars in new power and desalination plants; in 2011 alone, more than US$18 billion of power and desalination contracts were awarded in the GCC.
The GCC Power & Desalination 2012 Report, the latest research and analysis report by MEED Insight, covers in detail the power & desalination market in the six GCC states, providing you with an overview of developments and trends over the past five years and the outlook for capacity and investment up to 2020.
In addition to providing you with in-depth analysis on future projects planned by clients, the report includes the latest survey of developers and contractors in each state, as well as an assessment of the growing alternative energy opportunities giving you the insight you need to take advantage of this billion dollar projects market.
You will benefit from detailed insight into:
- Proprietary long-term forecasting for demand growth and capacity requirements and rankings of developers and contractors.
- Overview of market trends and opportunities
- In-depth analysis by country and market segment
- Data & Analysis of this $15bn-$20bn a year market since 2009, as well as forecasts and trends up to 2020.
Save time and investment on research and analysis. Get exclusive data on the GCC Power & Desalination projects market through this 150-page report.
To access exclusive data, research and analysis along with many tables, graphs, charts and maps you can
order your copy here
About MEED Insight:
Thanks to its own projects tracker, MEED Projects, MEED Insight has access to unparalleled, up-to-date information on the region’s projects market. We can provide companies with:
- Details of all major projects within a given market or sector, including their scope
- Contacts for clients, contractors and suppliers
- Information on key clients and their tendering processes
- Information on how to register with clients and prequalify for projects
- Forecasting of future projects
MEED Insight has access to a wealth of regional data ranging from broad macroeconomic statistics to sector-specific information. We can obtain and analyse data on a specific market or industry to help companies gain an insight on market size and potential
MEED Insight also offers a series of off-the-shelf reports on a range of different sectors and industries. The information compiled for these reports comes from a variety of sources, including MEED magazine, MEED.com, MEED Events and MEED Projects, as well as primary and secondary research.
Our current off-the-shelf reports include:
- Qatar Projects Market 2012
- Kuwait Projects Market 2012
- Saudi Arabia Projects Market 2012
- Libyan Projects Market Report 2012
- Mena Renewable Energy Report 2012
- Middle East Projects Forecast and Review Report 2011
- Qatar Projects Report 2011-22
- Mena Rail Report 2011
- The Iraq Power Report 2011
- GCC ICT Projects Outlook & Review
- GCC Projects Forecast & Review 2010
- Power & Water in the GCC 2010
- Libya Power & Desalination
- Middle East Steel 2009
- Wastewater in the GCC
- Middle East Cement 2009
- Mena Mining 2009
- Mena Aluminium 2009
- GCC District Cooling
- GCC Economic Outlook
To find out how MEED Insight can help you gain critical business insight, please submit your details on our contact form:
- Telephone: +971 (0) 4 367 1302