State upstream operator, Kuwait Oil Company (KOC), has issued an invitation for companies to bid for a contract to construct manifolds and associated works in south and east Kuwait.
The projects budget is $350m and the deadline for bid submission is 10 February 2015.
A total of 13 companies all based in Kuwait have prequalified for the contract:
- Consolidated Contractors Co
- Al-Khadda Intl Gen Trading & Contracting Co
- Kharafi National Co
- Al-Dar Engineering & Construction Co
- Heavy Engineering Industries & Shipbuilding Co
- Alghanim Intl Gen Trading & Contracting Co
- Combined Group Contracting Co
- Al-Meer Technical Services Co
- Mechanical Engineering & Contracting Co
- Gulf Spic Gen Trading & Contracting Co
- Arabi Enertech Co
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin Al-Kharafi and Sons Gen Trading and Cont. Co
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Co
The scope of work includes:
- Wellhead manifold
- Surface Safety Valve (SSV) manifold
- Tie-in of wellhead manifold and surface safety valve manifold to flowline
- Burn Off Pit (BOP) and line
- Installation of valves
- Installation of SSVs, control system and panel
- Associated facilities
The deadline for bids on the NKOZ manifold project is 4 January 2015.
Kuwaits oil fields are connected to 26 gathering centres, which serve as a collection location for crude produced at several wells connected by flowlines, providing initial treatment through the separation of associated gas and removing salt.