- Owner: Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Co (SATORP)
- Location: Saudi Arabia, Ash-Sharqiyah (Eastern Province), Al-Jubail
- Status: Execution
- Classification: Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m): $1,700m
- Contract Type: EPC
- Main contract completion: Q2 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
In May 2006, state-owned Saudi Aramco and France’s Total agreed to the joint development of a 400,000 barrels a day (b/d) full-conversion export refinery at Jubail Industrial City, processing heavy crude oil and convert it into high quality refined products to meet the highest international specifications.
The refineries products will include diesel, jet fuel, gasoline and petrochemical products such as paraxylene, aromatic gasoline and propylene.
The conversion package includes the construction of a 59,000 b/d mild hydrocracker and distillate hydrocracker, along with a 32,700 b/d fluid catalytic cracking unit and a sulphur recovery unit.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.