- Owner Kar Group
- Location Iraq, Erbil Province, Erbil
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract ($m) $3,000m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
The expansion of privately owned Kalak Refinery is its third, and will increase its capacity to 185,000 barrels a day (b/d) of Kirkuk crude once completed. It came on stream in 2009 with a capacity of 20,000 b/d, before being expanded to 60,000 b/d in 2011. Currently its capacity is 80,000 b/d.
This expansion consists of two 30,000 b/d modular complexes and a 15,000 b/d condensate processing facility, all being provided by US company Ventech Engineers.
Units will be crude distillation, naphtha hydrotreaters, catalytic reformers, isomerisation, demercaptanisation systems and supporting utilities.