Kuwait’s Central Tenders Committee (CTC) has approved the selection of the local Bayan National Trading Company for a KD48m ($165m) contract to build water storage tanks. The approval is the final step before an official award is made.
The five ground tanks will be built in the West Funaitees area. Each will made of reinforced concrete with a capacity of 80 million gallons.
Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry selected Bayan after it submitted the cheapest price when bids were submitted in May.
The other bidders, all local, were:
- Khalid Ali al-Kharafi & Brothers Company – KD53m
- Combined Group Contracting Company (CGCC) – KD53m
- Burhan International Construction Company (BICC) – KD54m
- First Kuwaiti General Trading & Contracting (FKTC) – KD55m
- Mohammed Abdel Mohsen al-Kharafi & Sons – KD56m
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting (KCPC) – KD57m
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company – KD58m
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company – KD63m
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company – KD67m