State-refiner, Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) has extended the deadline by two months for proposals for the construction of new sulphur-handling and ship loading facilities at the Mina al-Ahmadi refinery.
According to a source close to the project, the 13 prequalified engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firms have now been given until 3 March instead of the original 13 January deadline to submit their proposals.
The prequalified firms are:
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- Daelim Industrial (South Korea)
- Daewoo (South Korea)
- Dodsal Engineering & Construction (India)
- GS Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- Hanwa Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- Hyundai Heavy Industries (South Korea)
- Petrofac (UK)
- Punj Lloyd (India)
- Saipem (Italy)
- Samsung Engineering (South Korea)
- SK Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
The same firms are also still waiting for the release of a related tender, for the rehabilitation the sulphur handling facility at the Mina al-Ahmadi refinery, located 45 kilometres south of Kuwait City.