Contractors now have until 16 September to submit bids for the tender
Kuwait’s Public Authority for Industry has extended the bid deadline for an infrastructure package at the Shadadiyah Industrial Area.
The authority has extended the submission date to 16 September from the previous 15 July deadline. The client prequalified 11 groups for the tender in May. The work will involve the design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure at Shadadiyah.
The prequalified groups are:
- Burhan International Construction Company (local)
- Mohammed Abdel Mohsen al-Kharafi & Sons (local)
- Mushrif Trading and Contracting Company (local)
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting (local)
- Combined Group Contracting Company (local)
- Copri Construction Projects (local)
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company (local)
- United Gulf Construction Company (local)
- Al-Dar Engineering & Construction Company (local)/GS Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- KCC Engineering & Contracting Company (local)/Rizzani de Eccher (Italy)
- First Kuwait General Trading & Contracting Company (local)
The industrial scheme is part of the government’s efforts to develop the Shadadiyah area, which is located 20 kilometres west of Kuwait City. Kuwait University is currently building its new Sabah al-Salem campus at Shadadiyah. When completed, the campus will comprise more than 25 faculty buildings. It will include a 600-bed hospital, car parks with space for more than 32,000 vehicles, dormitories, sports facilities and auditoriums.