Kuwait’s Central Tenders Committee (CTC) has extended the deadline to 13 December for companies to submit bids to carry out package three of Kuwait International airport.
Package three covers the construction of a new 4.5-kilometre runway, the reconstruction and extension of the existing eastern runway to 4km and building primary and secondary access roads and taxiways.
The CTC first invited bids for package three in August (MEED 9:8:11). A total of 14 companies were prequalified to bid for the deal.
The prequalifiers include:
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons (local)/TAV Construction (Turkey)
- Galfar Engineering & Contracting Company (Oman)/Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Greenline General Trading & Contracting Company (UAE)/Cengiz (Turkey)/Makyol (Turkey)
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company (local)/GS Engineering & Construction Company (South Korea)/Kumho Industrial Company (South Korea)
- First Kuwaiti Trading Company (local)/Almabani General Contractors (Saudi Arabia)
- Combined Group Company (local)/Constructor San Jose (Spain)
- Al-Ahmadiah General Trading & Construction Company (UAE)/Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) (Cyprus)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)/Laing O’Rourke Middle East (UAE)
- Kuwait Arab Contractors Company/The Arab Contractors Osman Ahmed Osman & Company (Egypt)
- Copri Construction Enterprises (local)/Sinohydro Corporation (China)
- Alamiah Building Company (local)/KCPC Construction (UAE)/Strabag (Austria)/Rizzani (Italy)
- United Gulf Construction Company (local)/China Railway 18th Bureau Group (China)
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company (local)/Al-Habtoor Leighton (UAE)
- Boodai Construction (local)/Grupo Isolux Corsan (Spain), Sacyr (Spain)
The design for the new passenger terminal at Kuwait airport was revealed in October.