Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting bids low for contract
Kuwait’s Ministry of Public Works has received bids from firms for the contract to build the eighth stage of its sewage system refurbishment programme.
Bids were submitted by the following local contractors:
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting (KCPCC) – KD24.7m ($85.8m)
- Al-Dar Engineering & Construction – KD29.2m
- Ahmadiyya Company for Contracting & Commerce – KD36.2m
- Green Tide General Trading – KD29.3m
- Mohamed Abdulmohsin Al Kharafi & Sons Company – KD27.2m
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company – KD27m
- Burhan International Construction Company – KD24.9m
The winning bidder will refurbish sewage transmission pipelines in the ‘Part B’ area covering Paradise, North Ardiya and Ardiya 2.
The project is part of the Government of Kuwait’s programme to expand and upgrade its existing wastewater treatment infrastructure.
The Ardiya wastewater treatment facility was recently converted to a preliminary treatment plant.
Sewage is screened and degreased at Ardiya before being pumped by pipeline to a larger plant for further treatment at Sulaibiya.