Nine consultants have been invited to bid for design contract
Kuwait’s Public Authority for Housing Welfare (PAHW) has invited nine local consultants to prequalify for a contract to design an Islamic centre at its Sabah al-Ahmed development, located in the Al-Ahmadi governorate.
The Islamic centre will include a mosque, library and associated facilities such as accommodation for the Emir.
The mosque will have a capacity of 12,000 people and the library will cover a total area of 8,500 square metres.
The local consultants who have been invited to prequalify for the design contract are:
- Saleh al-Qallaf Engineering Consultants
- Dar al-Dowailah for Engineering Consultancy and Projects Management
- SSH International Engineering Consultants
- Dar Nazar al-Anjar for Engineering Consultancy
- United Technical and Engineering Office (Unitec)
- Arab Office for Engineering Consultancy
- Technical Kuwaiti House for Engineering Consultancy
- KEO International Consultants
- Al-Jazeera Consultancy House
The nine consultants have until 23 November to submit prequalification documents.
The Olympic Village will contain a number of indoor and outdoor sports and recreation facilities. The largest of these will be a stadium with a capacity of 70,000 to 80,000 people. The sports village will also contain an Olympic-sized swimming pool and other facilities for other Olympic sports (MEED 1:10:10).
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.