Kuwait’s Public Authority for Housing Welfare (PAHW) has invited nine local consultants to prequalify for a contract to design an Islamic centre at its Sabah al-Ahmed development, located in the Al-Ahmadi governorate.
The Islamic centre will include a mosque, library and associated facilities such as accommodation for the Emir.
The mosque will have a capacity of 12,000 people and the library will cover a total area of 8,500 square metres.
The local consultants who have been invited to prequalify for the design contract are:
- Saleh al-Qallaf Engineering Consultants
- Dar al-Dowailah for Engineering Consultancy and Projects Management
- SSH International Engineering Consultants
- Dar Nazar al-Anjar for Engineering Consultancy
- United Technical and Engineering Office (Unitec)
- Arab Office for Engineering Consultancy
- Technical Kuwaiti House for Engineering Consultancy
- KEO International Consultants
- Al-Jazeera Consultancy House
The nine consultants have until 23 November to submit prequalification documents.
The Olympic Village will contain a number of indoor and outdoor sports and recreation facilities. The largest of these will be a stadium with a capacity of 70,000 to 80,000 people. The sports village will also contain an Olympic-sized swimming pool and other facilities for other Olympic sports (MEED 1:10:10).