Public Authority headquarters building will be located in Kuwait City
Kuwait’s Public Works Ministry has received bids for a contract to build the estimated $71.3m headquarters for the Public Authority for Minor Affairs in Kuwait City.
The ministry received bids from 12 local contractors on 19 September. The winning contractor will build and maintain the main headquarters building and car parking facilities.
The local United Construction Company submitted the lowest bid with a price of KD20.4m ($71.3m).This was 3.8 per cent lower than the KD21.2m price submitted by the second lowest bidder, the local Sadeem al-Kuwait General Trading & Contracting Company.
The First Kuwaiti Company for General Trading & Contracting submitted the third lowest bid with a price of KD21.5m.
The ministry is also currently tendering another contract to build government facilities. Contractors have been invited to submit bids for a contract to build a government building in the governorate of Hawally, located south-east of Kuwait City.
Prequalified contractors have until 17 October to submit bids for the project. The bid deadline has been extended from the previous submission date of 14 September. The work involves the construction and maintenance of the Hawally Governorate Security Directorate Building (MEED 12:7:10).
The prequalified contractors, all local, are:
- Mohammed Abdulmoshin al-Kharafi & Sons
- Real Estate Construction & Fabrication Company (Recafco)
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company
- Boodai Construction Company
- Kharafi Construction Company
- Al-Fulaij United Group For General Trading & Contracting Company
- Burhan International Construction Company
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting
- Sadeem al-Kuwait General Trading & Contracting
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting
- Combined Group Contracting (CGC)
- Canar Trading & Contracting Company
- Kuwait Arab Contractors Company
- High Slant Contracting Group
- Bayan National Trading Company
- First Kuwaiti Company for General Trading & Contracting
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.