Kuwaits Ministry of Public Works (MPW) has invited firms to bid for the design, construction and maintenance of a road project extending from 5th Ring Road to Ghazzali Road and Mohammed bin Qasim Street.
Eleven firms, all based in Kuwait, have been prequalified to bid for the scheme. They are:
- United Gulf Construction
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Kuwait/Athens-headquartered)
- International Buildings
- Combined Group Contracting Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors
- Copri Construction Projects
- Sai General Trading & Contracting
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin Al-Kharafi and Sons
- KCC Engineering & Contracting
The tender closes on 4 September.
The scope includes the design, construction, completion and maintenance of roads, bridges and associated utilities, including sanitary and rainwater sewerage, among other services.
Some $10bn-worth of roads, streets, bridges and related utility schemes are currently under way in Kuwait, according to regional projects tracker MEED Projects. A further $3.2bn of projects are undergoing bidder prequalification and nearly $5bn are in the early study and design phases. These schemes include the 30-kilometre upgrade of Al-Ghouse road, for which the first package, valued at $256m, was awarded on 1 May to Combined Group Contracting Company.
MPW also recently awarded the $4.3bn Terminal 2 scheme at Kuwait International airport (KIA).