Kuwait’s Public Works Ministry has invited firms to submit bids for the estimated $130m contract to build and maintain roads and related infrastructure for the First Ring Road and Abdulla al-Ahmed Street.
Prequalified contractors have until 25 October to submit bids for the construction package. The work will involve the construction of roads, bridges and drainage systems for the two roads.
The prequalified contractors, all local, are:
- Mohammed Abdulmoshin al-Kharafi & Sons General Trading & Contracting Company
- Burhan International Construction Company
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company
- Al-Dar Engineering & Construction Company
- Mubarak Hajeref General Trading & Contracting Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors Company
- First Kuwait General Trading & Contracting Company
In August, the Public Works Ministry received bids for three road projects totalling of KD86.4m ($316.9m) in Kuwait City and the surrounding area.
The projects are part of the Public Work Ministry’s plans to spend $11.5bn over the next four years to develop the country’s infrastructure (MEED 26:5:11).