Topic: Saudi Arabia World Cup & Expo Projects
1. Latest update on the Saudi 2034 Fifa World Cup projects programme and the 2030 World Expo masterplan
2. Summary of the stadiums and training facilities to be built or expanded
3. Analysis of supporting infrastructure and associated transport infrastructure requirements
4. Details of the Expo masterplan and anticipated construction and infrastructure requirements
5. Impact of the two events on the projects ecosystem and their impact on best practices in the construction sector
6. Impact of the events on an already overheated market
7. Highlights of key contracts to be tendered and awarded over the next 12-24 months
8. Assessment of other sporting events, namely the 2029 Asian Winter Games and the 2027 Asian AFC Asian Cup
9. Lessons learnt from the Fifa 2022 World Cup in Qatar
10. Key drivers and challenges going forward
11. Q&A session
Time: 11 December at 2:00 PM GST
Hosted by: Edward James, head of content and analysis at MEED
A well-known and respected thought leader in Mena affairs, Edward James has been with MEED for more than 19 years, working as a researcher, consultant and content director. Today he heads up all content and research produced by the MEED group. His specific areas of expertise are construction, hydrocarbons, power and water, and the petrochemical market. He is considered one of the world’s foremost experts on the Mena projects market.
Colin Foreman, editor·of MEED
Colin Foreman is the editor and a specialist construction journalist for news and analysis on MEED.com and the MEED magazine. He has been reporting on the region since 2003, specialising in the construction sector and its impact on the broader economy. He has reported exclusively on a wide range of projects across the region including schemes such as Dubai Metro, the Burj Khalifa, Jeddah Airport, Doha Metro, Hamad International Airport, and Yas Island.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.