The Covid-19 pandemic has shattered traditional notions of the work place.
The successful shift to working-from-home over the past year has raised questions about the role of the office and the potential of flexible working. But while some have been quick to embrace the change, others are keen to get back to business as usual.
Companies such as Twitter and Square have given their employees the choice to work from home permanently. Yet, several others are transitioning back to the physical workspace.
But even for those keen to return to the office, things are changing.
Flexible and efficient
There is an increasing demand for agile and quality workspaces, prompted by a shift in priorities. Occupiers want office spaces that are:
New standards are emerging for the modern workplace, presenting a chance to revisit the way commercial offices are planned and delivered.
The Future of the Office is the latest Connect Series live broadcast under the Mashreq MEED Knowledge Partnership and will examine the future of workspaces in the UAE and GCC. It will consider the changing demands of tenants, analysing how developers and designers can deliver on these requirements.
Key discussion points:
- The hybrid model: Outlook for commercial office space in the UAE and GCC
- Understanding the needs of the occupier: What do developers and landlords need to do to attract tenants?
- Rethinking leasing models
- Understanding the employee: What does the staff want from the office space?
- Innovating the workspace: Tech solutions, energy efficiency and healthy design
- Ramy Zaghloul, Chief Development Officer, Aldar Properties
- Rob Devereux, Chief Executive Officer, ICD Brookfield
- Maher Sweid, Managing Psrtner, Sweid & Sweid
- Faisal Durrani, Head of Middle east Research, Knight Frank
- Zain Qureshi, Managing Director and Global Head of Real Estate Finance and Advisory, Mashreq Bank
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.