Larsen & Toubro is low bidder for Batinah Expressway scheme in Oman
Oman’s Transport and Communication Ministry has received bids for packages four, five and six of its 265-kilometre-long Batinah Expressway project.
The lowest bids for each of the three packages, which were opened on June 11, were submitted by the Omani subsidiary of India’s Larsen & Toubro.
The tenders are among a total of 11 packages on the Batinah Expressway, which will extend from the current Muscat Expressway to Khamat Malaha, located on the Oman/UAE border. The entire project is estimated to cost about RO1bn ($2.6bn).
Package four of the expressway, which involves construction of a 50km road from Halban in Muscat to Khatmat Malaha in Batinah, received 11 bids from local and international companies. Larsen & Toubro’s bid of RO129m was 3.6 per cent lower than the RO132.6m bid by India’s Nagarjuna Construction Company. Turkey’s Sezai Turkes Feyzi Akkaya submitted the third-lowest bid at RO140.5m.
Package five attracted 18 bids, with Larsen & Toubro submitting the lowest at RO121.2m. Local firm Sarooj Construction submitted the second-lowest bid at RO126.8m, followed by local Federici Stirling Batco at RO126.8m.
Of the 15 bids for package six, Larsen & Toubro’s bid of RO111.9m was 5.3 per cent lower than the RO117.2m bid by Sarooj Construction. Local Frederici Stirling Batco submitted the third-lowest bid of 119.7m.
Last year, the ministry awarded the contract for package one of the project to local Galfar Engineering for RO138.9m.
The contract for package two, which was won by a joint venture of Malaysian firm WCT Berhad and Oman Roads Engineering Co, was recently cancelled by the ministry and is to be re-tendered.
In April, the contract for package three of the project was awarded to India’s Simplex Infrastructures for RO122.35m.
Package 4 bids
- Larsen & Toubro (India) RO129.088m and RO135.647m
- Nagarjuna Construction Company (India) RO132.6m and RO140.374m
- Sezai Turkes Feyzi Akkaya (Turkey) RO140.470m and RO146.900m
- Khalid bin Ahmed & Sons (Oman) RO144.888m and RO153.667m
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)(Athens-based) RO145.892m and RO153.529m
- Sarooj Construction Company (Oman) RO146.600m and RO154.700m
- National United Engineering (Oman) RO150.900m and RO160.400m
- Strabag Oman RO151.915m and RO161.070m
- Makyol Gulf (Turkey) RO156.175m and RO164.088m
- Galfar Engineering (Oman) RO161.743m and RO170.651m
- Simplex Infrastructures (India) RO162.749m and RO170.229m
Package 5 bids
- Larsen & Toubro (India) RO121.181m and RO126.510m
- Sarooj Construction Company (Oman) RO126.800m and RO132.900m
- Federici Stirling Batco (Oman) RO126.807m and RO133.106m
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)(Athens-based) RO133.662m and RO139.154m
- Monte Adriano Middle East (Oman) RO134.678m and RO141.385m
- Nagarjuna Construction Company (India) 137.499m RO143.342m
- Khalid bin Ahmed & Sons (Oman) RO138.033m and RO144.328m
- Al-Shanfari Trading (Oman) RO138.179m and RO145.270m
- Sezai Turkes Feyzi Akkaya (Turkey) RO138.677m and RO144.179m
- Ozkar Construction (Turkey) RO142.137m and RO148.920m
- Makyol Gulf (Turkey) RO143.779m and RO149.747m
- The Arab Contractors (Egypt) RO144.161m and RO150.578m
- National United Engineering Contracting (Oman) RO149.995m and RO158.105m
- Gharbia Enterprises (Oman) RO152.586m and RO159.994m
- Ali & Co Trading & Contracting (Oman) RO154.243m and RO161.110m
- Oman Gulf Company RO157.579m and RO164.497m
- Becsa General Contracting (Oman) RO187.888m and RO197.718m
- Simplex Infrastructures (India) RO190.954m and RO197.099m
Package 6 bids
- Larsen & Toubro (India) RO111.895m and RO115.930m
- Sarooj Construction (Oman) RO117.200m and RO122.500m
- Frederici – Stirling Batco (Oman) RO119.718m and RO125.076m
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC)(Athens-based) RO126.177m and RO130.854m
- Nagarjuna Construction Company (India) RO129.136m and RO134.556m
- Khalid bin Ahmed & Sons (Oman) RO131.460m and RO136.489m
- Monte Adriano Middle East (Oman) RO133.047m and RO138.572m
- Makyol Gulf (Turkey) RO133.771m and RO138.802m
- Mapa Gunal Oman RO133.985m and RO139.600m
- The Arab Contractors Oman RO135.830m and RO142.063m
- Ozkar Construction (Turkey) RO137.573m and RO143.585m
- Ali & Co Trading & Contracting (Oman) RO144.826m and RO151.232m
- Strabag Oman RO148.945m and RO155.104m
- Oman Gulf Company RO152.405m and RO158.976m
- Becsa General Contracting (Oman) RO162.262m and RO170.431m
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.