Kuwait’s Public Works Ministry added two companies to the list of prequalifiers for a contract to build the headquarters of the Public Authority for Minor Affairs in Kuwait City.
Syed Hamid Behbani & Sons and Al-Hani Construction & Trading Company, both local, were added to the prequalification list for the construction contract in mid-June.
Prequalified contractors have until 8 August to submit bids for the deal, to build and maintain the main building and car parking for the new headquarters building.
There are now 17 prequalified contractors, all local. They are:
- Mohammed Abdulmoshin al-Kharafi & Sons
- Combined Group Contracting (CGC)
- Al-Fulaij United Group General Trading & Contracting Company
- Kuwaiti General Trading & Contracting Company
- Boodai Construction Company
- Real Estate Construction & Fabrication Company
- Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company
- Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting
- Mushrif Trading & Contracting Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors Company
- Burhan International Construction Company
- Canar Trading & Contracting Company
- Kharafi Construction Company
- Sadeem al-Kuwait General Trading & Contracting Company
- Bayan National Trading Company
- Syed Hamid Behbani & Sons
- Al-Hani Construction & Trading Company
The ministry has set an initial guarantee for bids of KD435,000($1.5m).
The ministry recently awarded a $135.3m contract to CGC to build intersections on the sixth-ring road serving the Jahra residential area, which is located about 30 kilometres northwest of Kuwait City (MEED 28:5:10).