- Owner: Egyptian Refining Company
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Status: Execution
- Classification: Oil Refinery, Oil Processing
- Contract: $1,600m
- Contract Type: EPC
- Main contract completion: Q4 2016
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Egyptian Refinery Company (ERC) is building a new hydrocracker and vacuum distillation unit at the Mostorod refinery, located 10 kilometres north of Egypt’s capital.
The new units will share facilities with the existing 142,000 barrel a day (b/d) refinery at Mostorod, operated by Cairo Oil Refining Company (CORC), but is part of a broader scheme to increase and update the country’s refining capacity and reduce its fuel import bill.
ERC will purchase fuel from state-owned Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), but will also sell its entire production of refined products back to EGPC at international prices.
This profile covers the crude distillation unit.
- Research MEED’s archive on Mostorod New Refinery