- Scope covers earthworks, stations, depots and yards
- Tenders expected in 2016
Omans Transport and Communications Ministry (MOTC) has prequalified seventeen groups to tender for the conventional scope of the Oman Rail network.
These include the 12 that were prequalified for the complex package.
The conventional scope includes earthworks, stations, depots, yards and other facilities which extend across multiple segments of the planned 2,135-kilometre railway scheme.
Tender for the cnventional scope of the rail network is expected in 2016.
The prequalified engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) companies include:
- Corsan-Corviam Construccion (Spain) / Cooperativa Muratori & Cementisti (Italy) / Orascom Construction (Egypt) / Zubair Construction (local)
- Salini Impregilo (Italy)
- Acciona Infraestructuras (Spain) / STFA Insaat (Turkey) / Tecnimont Civil Construction (Italy)
- Eiffage Travaux Publics (France) / Yapi Merkezi Insaat ve Sanayi (Turkey) / GS Engineering & Construction Corporation (South Korea)
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC) (China) / Larsen & Toubro (India) / SK Engineering & Construction (SKEC)
- China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC) (China) / Oman National Engineering & Investment Company (ONEIC) (local)
- Societa Italiana per Condotte dAcqua (Italy) / Itinera (Italy) / SWS Engineering (Italy)
- Strabag (Germany) / Consolidated Contractors Company (Athens-based)
- Terna (Greece) / Synohydro Corporation (China) / Arabtec Construction (UAE)
- China Tiesiju Civil Engineering (China) / China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group (China)
- Saipem (Italy) / Rizzani de Eccher (Italy) / Dogus Insaat ve Ticaret (Turkey)
- Porr Bau (Austria) / Yuksel Insaat (Turkey) / Daewoo Engineering & Construction (South Korea) / Sarooj Construction Company (local)
- Ircon International Limited (India) / Hani Archirodon (Oman) / Tata Projects (India)
- Vinci Construction (France) / Aktor (Greece) / Vinci Construction Terrassement (France)
- China Railway Group Limited (China) / Mapa Insaat ve Ticaret (Turkey)
- Ferrovial Agroman (Spain) / Galfar Engineering & Contracting (local)
- Astaldi (Italy) / Samsung C & T (South Korea)
The multibillion dollar railway project integrates passenger and freight transport and will connect the countrys three main economic zones in Duqm, Salalah and Sohar.
The freight link of the rail network will supplant truck-based haulage, which will help address major national concerns particularly traffic safety and carbon foortprint reduction.