Omans Renaissance Services has issued a design and construction tender for the construction of a new RO80m ($207.8m) workers village at the Duqm Special Economic Zone.
The project complex will span a total area of about 200,000 square metres and house as many as 16,000 workers of contracting firms at the zone. The project will service the areas housing needs during the construction period of the economic zone as well as long-term permanent workforces employed in Duqm. Prices must be submitted by 26 December.
The complex will consist of residential units in a mix of two, four and six-bed rooms as well as senior and executive accommodation buildings, with common infrastructure such as kitchen, diner, mosque, recreation areas, commercial outlets, and medical and security facilities.
The proposed buildings will have a maximum height of five storeys and have a built-up area of approximately 175,000 square metres. External works will include earth work, internal roads, vehicle parking, walkways, landscaping and other features to complement the main buildings in the complex.
The following companies have been prequalified to bid for the tender:
- Adhi Oman (local)
- Al-Adark Trading & Construction Company (local)
- Al-Ansari Trading Enterprises (local)
- Al-Hajiry Trading (local)
- Al-Jaber/Alec (UAE)
- Al-Rawahi International (local)
- Al-Wataniya United Engineering and Contracting Company (local)
- Bahwan Contracting Company (local)
- Carillion Alawi (local)
- Doughlas OHI (local)
- Ghantoot Group (UAE)
- Hassan Juma Backer Trading & Contracting Company (local)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Masharea (Egypt)
- Shapoorji Construction (India)
- Services & Trade Company (Oman)
- Taylor Woodrow (UK)
- Teejan Trading & Construction Company (local)