Normal operations have resumed at UK-based Petrofac’s Chergui field, located on the Tunisian island of Kerkennah. A dispute between contractors stopped production on 24 June and operations resumed on 2 July, according to a spokesperson from the firm.

“A resolution was found after a brief shutdown,” the spokesperson said.

Petrofac is the operator of the field and holds a 45 per cent stake in the asset, while its partner Entreprise Tunisienne D’Activities Petrolieres (ETAP), the Tunisian state oil company, holds the remaining 55 per cent.

Petrofac originally acquired the concession in 2006 for $30m.

The Chergui field produced 750,000 cubic metres a day (cm/d) of gas and 22,000 cm/d of condensate in 2011, according to Petrofac.