- New units will produce polyols and sulphur
- Complex will reduce sulphur content of refined products
PetroRabigh said that the contracts are expected to commence in the second half of 2016 after the bids have been received and assessed.
The three packages are:
- Polyols production unit capacity of 220,000 tonnes a year (t/y) polyether polyols
- Naphtha processing unit capacity of 17,000 barrels a day (b/d) clean fuels
- Sulphur recovery unit capacity of 106,000 t/y sulphur
Polyols are alcohols with two main applications in industry: low-calorie sweeteners in food science; and in the production of polymers.
The facilities will be built at PetroRabighs site in Rabigh, Mecca province, on the kingdoms Red Sea coast.
These projects, which will be implemented in the companys complex in Rabigh, will strengthen the companys competitiveness for the production of specialised and clean materials in the local and international markets, PetroRabigh said.
The front-end engineering and design (feed) study for the project was carried out by UK-based Amec Foster Wheeler.