Qatari Diar signs deal to develop Oman Ras al-Hadd project

06 November 2014

Eco-tourism scheme will cover 2 million square metres

Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company has signed an agreement with Oman’s Tourism Ministry to develop Ras al-Hadd, a multi-use eco-themed tourism project.

The agreement establishes Qatari Diar Ras al-Hadd Development Company, in which Qatari Diar owns a 70 per cent stake and Oman Tourism Development Company (Omran) the remaining 30 per cent.

The masterplan, developed in 2005 by Lebanese firm Dar al-Handasah, includes a wildlife preservation and observation park, a marine life park, and a heritage village, as well as hotels, and retail and leisure facilities.  It covers 2 million square metres.

Designs for the developments prioritise sustainability and responsible tourism management.

The Omani government is investing heavily in developing the sultanate’s tourism industry to create jobs and diversify its economy.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications