Saudi Arabia is building additional power generation capacity to meet rapidly rising commercial and consumer demand
- Owner Hajr Electricity Production Company
- Location Saudi Arabia, Ash-Sharqiyah (Eastern Province), Qurayyah
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $2,850m
- Contract Type BOO
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2014
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Arabia is building additional power generation capacity to meet rapidly rising commercial and consumer demand.
As part of this plan, Saudi Electricity Company is building three new independent power projects (IPPs) in the kingdom, with a total capital investment of $5.6bn, which will add 5,200MW to the domestic grid by 2015. The other IPPs are at Rabigh and Riyadh.
At Qurayyah there will be two gas-fired facilities. Work includes:
- 6 gas turbines
- 6 Heat recovery system generator
- 3 steam turbines
- Offsites and utilities
- Research MEED’s archive on the Qurayyah IPP
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.