- Owner Rabigh Electricity Company
- Location Saudi Arabia, Mecca Province, Rabigh
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $2,500m
- Contract Type Build Operate Own (BOO)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Electricity Company is expanding its existing power plants to address the anticipated 5.5 per cent annual growth in Saudi Arabia’s electricity consumption.
As part of this plan, SEC is building three independent power projects (IPPs) in the kingdom to add 5,200MW of power to the domestic grid by 2015.
Rabigh Electricity Company’s oil-fired IPP at Rabigh will add 1,320MW to the existing power plant under construction, which has planned capacity of 450MW.
The scope of works includes:
- Oil-fired boilers
- Two turbines
- Offsites & utilities
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.