- Owner Saline Water Conversion Corporation
- Parent Project Ras Al-Khair to Riyadh Water Transmission Pipeline
- Location Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
- Status Execution
- Classification Water Pipeline, Water Transmission
- Contract ($m) $1,600m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2012
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saline Water Conversion Corporation is building three desalination plants at Shoaiba, Ras al-Khair (formerly known as Ras al-Zour) and Jubail. They are being developed by private developers.
Four pipelines are being constructed to transmit the desalinated water from these plants to consumers.
Phases 2 and 3 of the pipeline project covers the Ras al-Khair to Riyadh pipeline, through which about 220 million gallons a day of water will flow.
Phase 2 work is for the 72-inch, 213km-long pipeline from al-Jandalia to Riyadh.
In the third phase, three pumping stations will be built:
- PS1 located at Ras Al-Khair (consisting of 2×5 booster & 2×5 main pump units)
- PS2 located at Al-Rayan (consisting of 2×5 main pump units)
- PS3 located at Al-Jandalia (consisting of 2×5 main pump units)
Additional work includes:
- Tap-off station
- Tie-in stations at Riyadh and the existing reservoirs
- Line valve stations
- Scada systems
- Control & communication centre
- Receiving terminals
- Civil works
- Associated pipelines