OCTOBER 2018: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
UAE Minister of Energy and Industry Suhail Mohamed Faraj al-Mazrouei warns of “new uncertainties” in this month’s special big interview. Al-Mazrouei talks exclusively to MEED about the challenges faced in achieving a reliable, economically viable and environmentally sound energy supply for the UAE.
This month’s cover story, meanwhile, examines water security in the Middle East and North Africa. There are few more pressing requirements in the region than the need for a reliable water supply. Our Agenda section looks at the steps regional governments are taking to ensure their future water security, with a leading piece on the policy reforms needed on the supply and demand sides to support spending.
Corrado Sommariva, main group director of ILF Consulting Engineers, also provides his perspective on sustainable water development in the Middle East.
The October issue also includes:
- Board report October 2018: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Industry report: The MEED 100 list of the largest listed Mena companies
- Legal: What Middle East lenders want
- Leadership: Smart robots set to test management skills
- Market Focus special report: Saudi Arabia
- Adnoc: An in-depth look at the company’s downstream progress and in-country value scheme
- Business outlook: An overview of the contracts and deals in the Middle East and North Africa’s finance, oil and gas, construction, and power and water sectors
We hope you enjoy the October issue of MEED Business Review.