- Owner Dhuruma Electricity Company
- Location Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $2,100m
- Contract Type Build, Own, Operate (BOO)
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Saudi Electricity Company is expanding its existing power plants to address the anticipated 5.5 per cent annual growth in Saudi Arabia’s electricity consumption.
As part of this plan, SEC is building three independent power projects (IPPs) in the kingdom to add 5,200MW of power to the domestic grid by 2015.
The grassroot independent power project at Riyadh, to be called PP11, will be a gas-fired plant with a capacity of 1,729MW. Arabian super light crude will be used as a backup fuel and National Water Company will supply 10,000 cubic metres a day of treated water to the plant.
Scope for the project includes:
- Offsites and utilities