- Owner Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations
- Parent Project SAS Oilfield Development Project
- Location UAE, Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil Extraction, Oil Production
- Contract ($m) $2,300m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q1 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (Adco) is replacing its existing facilities at the Asab plant with a greenfield facility in three phases and also upgrade the Shah and Sahil fields (SAS comes from Shah, Asab, Sahil).
The work is being done because the Asab plant, which was built in 1972, has exeperienced a number of water cuts in the Asab reservoirs. The water level is 10 per cent and this is expected to rise to 60-70 per cent over 20 years.
Once completed, production capacity at the Asab field will increase by 30,000 barrels a day (b/d) to 480,000 b/d. Across the three fields, production will increase by 150,000 b/d, taking total production to 600,000 b/d.
Adco also wants to improve environmental aspects of the fields and provide facilities for their operations, including zero flaring during normal operation and to minimise produced water disposal.