- Owner Phoenix Power Company
- Location Oman, Ash-Sharqiyah Governorate, Sur
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $1,600m
- Contract Type Build, own, operate (BOO)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2014
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
The Sur independent power project will be a gas-fed plant producing 2,000MW. Based in Oman, it is being developed to meet the Sultanate’s fast-growing electricity requirements and to support its economic growth.
Gas will come from the existing pipeline feeding the Oman LNG plant, which runs on the outskirts of the site.
Work on the project includes:
- Gas Turbines
- Air-cooled condensers
- Associated facilities
- Research MEED’s archive on Sur IPP