Tethys Oil has Oman oil license extended

29 December 2011

Swedish oil exploration and production company’s Block 15 concession will run until 2014

Sweden’s Tethys Oil has resumed testing operations at its onshore oil concession in Oman after its licence was extended until October 2014.  

The company has installed a jet pump at Block 15 in an attempt to clear its testing well of water to enable hydrocarbons to flow.

Tethys must now execute a minimum work programme at its concession that will include additional seismic studies and the drilling of another well.

The Swedish company owns 40 per cent of Block 15 with the remaining 60 per cent owned by Denmark’s Odin Energi.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications