Dubais Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) has extended the tender deadline for the contract to build the Union Museum at Dubais Union House to 29 January.
The prospective bidders include:
- Al-Faraa General Contracting Company (local)
- Alec (local)
- Al-Shafar General Contracting (local)
- Arabtec Construction (local)
- Civil Contracting Company (Civilco) (local)
- Dutco Balfour Beatty (local)
- Habtoor Leighton Group (local/Australian)
- Al-Naboodah Contracting (local)
The RTA approved the final design and main components of the Union Museum in March. The design of the museum, which was awarded to the UKs Halcrow, which is now part of US-based CH2M Hill, was inspired by portraits of the UAEs rulers signing the constitution of the UAE on 2 December 1971.
The project is one of several cultural projects being developed by the RTA. In April, it signed an AED184m ($50m) deal with Dubai Culture and Arts Authority to transform six of the emirates metro stations into art museums.
Follow Hossam Abougabal on Twitter: @MEEDHossam