The implementation of restructurings in the Egyptian economy is starting to yield positive GDP results, driven by both public and private investment.
With a growing population of over 104 million and a nation expected to reach over 151 million by 2050, the healthcare sector in Egypt offers more investment opportunities than ever before.
Each year, Egypt requires at least a minimum of 2,500–3,500 new hospital beds to match the population’s growing numbers resulting in an additional 102,000 to 178,000 new beds by 2050. And with the implementation of the Universal Health Insurance Law and continued support from the World Bank, and other international organisations, change is afoot to make quality domestic healthcare accessible to all who reside in Egypt and the aim of covering all governates by 2032.
While vital development is underway, further work required to bolster Egypt’s healthcare services. All of this is creating an abundance of private investment opportunities in the sector.
Healthcare in Egypt is an exclusive live-streamed discussion hosted by Mashreq-JLL-MEED partnership, that examines the Egyptian healthcare market and the increasing need for the private sector to take the leading role in providing pivotal healthcare services.
Join the 90-minute webinar on 12 January 2022 at 1PM GST to examine:
- Key healthcare demand drivers for Egypt including key resources and indicators
- Objectives and outlook for Egypt’s healthcare infrastructure development
- Investment opportunities in Egypt healthcare
- Trends and shift in domestic medical insurance growth
- Future market potential
- Hossam Sadek, Chief Executive Officer, Universal Health Insurance Authority - UHIA
- Samia El Baroudy, Board Member, Cleopatra Hospitals Group and Partner, RMBV
- Yasmine El-Hini, Country Officer for Egypt, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Sandeep Sinha, Head of Healthcare MENA, JLL
- Karim Amer, Senior Vice President - Head of Healthcare & Education, Mashreq Bank
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.