Covid-19 has exposed systemic shortcomings in global supply chain networks.
Dependent on stable supply and demand cycles, the disruption caused by the pandemic has put warehousing and distribution networks under immense strain.
Delays in raw material shipments, reduced production output, and movement restrictions have affected every industry. For manufacturers, acute shortages in some of the raw materials needed to produce semiconductors have been particularly problematic.
At the same time, the surge in e-commerce has placed additional pressure on fulfillment capabilities.
The past two years have underscored the need for greater resilience and flexibility in supply chains, and there is now a push to overhaul all aspects of the transportation, logistics and distribution sector from increased automation and data-driven decision making, through to new strategies and upskilling the workforce.
'Transforming supply chains', a live broadcast by MEED and Mashreq on 4th of November at 1pm GST, will see a panel of industry leaders analyse the challenges and opportunities facing the warehousing and distribution industry in the GCC.
The live-streamed discussion will examine:
- The importance of efficient supply chains
- The challenges facing the transportation and logistics sector
- Improving supply chain visibility and transparency of distribution networks
- Diversifying supply chains and preparing for future vulnerabilities
- Utilising technology to improve supply chain agility
- Micro-fulfillment strategies in e-commerce
- Robert Sutton, Head of Logistics Cluster, Abu Dhabi Ports Group
- Mohammad Jaber, COO & Managing Director Air & Sea Abu Dhabi, DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
- William Allison, Head of Logistics, CommerCityDubai
- Hind Eisa Salim, Executive Vice President & Head of Services & Manufacturing Division, Mashreq Bank
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.