- Owner Saline WaterI Conversion Corporation; Power & Water Utility Company for Jubail & Yanbu (Marafiq)
- Parent Project Yanbu Power & Desalination Plant: Phase 3
- Location Saudi Arabia, Al-Medina Province, Yanbu
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $1,800m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q4 2014
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Marafiq is building an independent water and power project (IWPP) at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia, which will supply water and electricity to the Yanbu Industrial City. Originally planned as a build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) development, in May 2009 Marafiq switched it to an engineering, procurement and construction project.
The development is now being developed as a joint venture with Saline Water Conversion Corporation, after the two companies merged the Marafiq IWPP and SWCC’s Yanbu 3 IWPP.
This profile covers the power plant and tank terminal package. The plant will use cracked heavy fuel oil with Light Arab Crude as a backup fuel.
- Oil-fired steam power plant
- Generator island
- Fuel systems
- Balance of plant
- Instrumentation & control systems
- Flue gas cleaning plant tank terminal
- Fuel unloading and storage facilities
- Offshore jetty
- Research MEED’s archive on the Yanbu Power Plant