The Housing Ministry has received prequalification documents from consultants for work on a new housing development.
Six firms submitted documents for the contracts on the East Sitra housing project on 28 March. The firms are:
- ESB International (Ireland)
- Mimar Architecture (local)
- Arab Architects (local)
- Ansari Engineering (local)
- Abd Rahman al-Noami Consulting Engineers (local)
- Ismail Khoonji Associates (local)
The Housing Ministry has also invited contractors to bid for an estimated BD50m ($133m) contract for dredging and reclamation work on the housing development.
The 15-month contract involves dredging 20 million cubic metres to create 3 square kilometres of new land for a housing development.
Once complete, the project will have about 4,000 residential units.